Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Your Children Will Thank You!


I want to congratulate and make sure each of our Stroller Strides moms and all moms who make an effort at staying fit and eating healthy understand how amazing it is for you and your children. The actions you take to take care of yourself and the example you lead for your children is priceless.

I don't know the statistics of obesity in our country but I know it is a huge problem. While on vacation I saw it first hand. The amount of overweight families is astounding! It's scary and sad. 

I heard one lady who clearly was over weight say to her young daughter (probably about 9 years old) who also was overweight that she couldn't have Ice cream before lunch while in the same breath handing her a super-sized coke! 

I'm not sure if it's the lack of education (although it's hard not to be educated with all the resources we have available to us) or the lack of money or that they just don't care.
Whatever the case I would encourage everyone to get moving an make simple changes in your diet that can lead to bigger changes. 

And to all moms who are already moving and eating healthy keep it up! Your children and their children will follow in your foot steps and will ensure a longer happier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment