Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Whats For Dinner?


Too often I struggle to figure Out what to make for dinner.

Let me start by saying I am by no means a good cook. In fact I am
a Pretty dreadful cook. Added with the lack of interest and 2 boys constantly hanging on my leggs equals a recipe for disaster.

More often then not one kid is annoying the other causing me to step in and referee and solve the problem....30 minutes later the thin sliced chicken breast is well over cooked. But problem with the boys solved! One point for mom!!

So after feeling completely horrible that my poor hard working husband comes home from work, time and again to a lousy meal I started to look at my options...cooking classes; these are usually costly and alot of the ones i found were very specific, 'learn to cook authentic Italian' i need every day cooking!

I also looked into having pre-made meals delivered; Again costly and I just didn't see this as a fix all. I wasn't going to have food delivered forever. In the end i knew i had to refer to the big guns! Veteran moms and wives who have lived to tell.

What I needed were a few TIPS and some SIMPLE & QUICK recipes i can make my go to meals. Here is what we came up with:

Shake n bake is a girls best friend. It's really so easy and you can keep it as simple as 'shake n Bake' or you can make it a bit more interesting by adding marinara sauce, mozzarella and oregano... voila!! oven-baked Chicken Parm!!!

Have a few good spices on hand...McCormick's Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper is great and even has a few simple recipes on the label! Bonus!!

Meatloaf is easier then you think. Make it turkey meatloaf for an even healthier choice. Add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup bread crumbs and bake for an hour. Add a jar of gravy and you are good to go!

Now this one is one of mine...If you can get your hubby to eat tofu a quick an easy meal consists if boiling rice, sautéing cubed tofu in olive oil. Add a bag of frozen mixed veggies and the cooked rice. Throw in Sun-Bird Stir-Fry seasoning mix and done! It really is delish!

And lastly if you have a crockpot...USE IT! If you don't have one you might want to consider investing in one. You can literally throw anything in there let it cook for hours and it's virtually impossible to overcook! 

Remember to Set the timer!
And lastly when the smoke detector goes off, wave a dish towel at it and order out!

No comments:

Post a Comment